dinsdag 15 september 2015

Lines and Rosie

Wat een leuke, ontspannen opdracht deze week; een string maken van lijnen.
Ik maakte een string van dubbele lijnen omdat ik dat altijd mooi vind. Daarna gewoon één voor één tangles gekozen (of kozen ze mij?).

What a nice and relaxed challenge this week; make a string of lines.
I made a string with double lines because I like it that way. After that I chose one tangle after the other (or did they choose me?).



Een poos geleden vertelde ik van de oudere dame (Rosie) die me gevraagd had iets voor haar muur naast een boeddha te maken. Toen ik bij haar thuis ben wezen kijken bleek al snel dat het ensemble dat ik met Gerla maakte het meest geschikt was voor aan haar muur, maar dan een andere muur dan waar de Boeddha hangt. Dit betekende dus dat ik niet iets nieuws hoefde te maken. Vorige week woensdag zijn Gerla en ik het stuk samen gaan brengen. Wat leuk, dat nu een werk van ons samen bij iemand hangt. En Rosie .... die is er zoooo blij mee.
Ik heb een foto gemaakt die helaas bewogen is en waar teveel licht in weerspiegeld, maar zo krijg je wel een idee:

Some time ago I told you about the elderly lady (Rosie), who asked me to draw something for her wall next to a Buddha. When I went to her house to see (together with her) what would be the best to do, it was clear that the ensemble I made with Gerla would be the best on the wall, but not next to Buddha.
So, this meant that I didn’t have to make something new.
Last Wednesday Gerla and I went to Rosie to bring it. So much fun (and an honor) that something of the two of us is hanging in someones house. And Rosie ..... being so happy with it.
I made a photo there, but unfortunately is was moved and there is too much refection in the glass. But you get the idea anyway:


Op het weblog van Laura 'I am the diva' kun je zien wat mede tanglers van deze challenge maakten en, als je wilt (en waarom niet?) ook je eigen tile uploaden.

Dat je mijn blog bezoekt stel ik erg op prijs en ik hoop dat je een opmerking achterlaat. Ook wil ik iedereen bedanken die vorige week een opmerking achterliet. Die opmerkingen maken altijd mijn dag wat vrolijker.

On the web-log of Laura 'I am the diva' you can see what other tanglers made of this challenge and, if you want (and why not?) upload your own tile.

I do appreciate you visiting my blog a lot and I hope you will leave me a comment. I want to thank every one that left me a comment last week. Those comments always brighten my day!

Blessed Be!!!
Annemarie

18 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtig Annemarie, Ik ben het helemaal met je eens......dubbele lijnen maken het net even meer bijzonder.
    En wat leuk dat jullie samen het werk voor Rosie hebben kunnen maken.
    Het past echt heel moi op die plek, lijkt wel een soort altaar zo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great Diva tile, I like the way you varied the direction of the stripes. What an honour to be asked to draw something for a place that is so special.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Lovely tile in this pink!!! It makes me happy to look at it and I love the patterns that chose you (or you chose) ;-)))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh, I forgot - wonderful work for Rosie!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I do like your stripes, Annemarie - doesn't really matter who picked who, it's a good combination!

    And although the photo is a bit blurred, I can see that your work for Rosie looks perfect. What a lovely gift to give.
    Axxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Mooi zeg, met die dubbele lijnen! En dan ook nog op mooi roze :-)
    Bijzonder ook, je werk voor Rosie! Erg leuk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I think they chose you and they are lovely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Mooi hoe jij de strepen verdeeld hebt. Is niet zo saai als recht toe recht aan. Ook hadden we hier en daar hetzelfde idee voor patroonkeuze.
    En natuurlijk weer mooie kleur gebruikt.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I like the thinner lines that separate all those nice tangles. It's so nice that your work is being loved in someone's home too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. What a lovely tile - so nice tangles and pink is my favourite at all!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I love the color! The whole design and pattern choices are lovely;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. "Or did the tangles choose me?" I've never thought of it that way, but it's most definitely possible. In any case, I very much like what you did with the ones that chose you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Great tile and very lovely choice of patterns!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Interesting choice of patterns. The patterns make my eye wander over the tile.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Beautiful tiles. i like the tangles you have chosen !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. I love your interpretation of the string with double lines - and how they go in different directions.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen